Search & Win My bloggy little blog: The Hunger

My bloggy little blog

This is my blog. Duh. Read. Enjoy. Repeat.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Hunger

I had a sundae (DQ's having a sale, people. Get there. Get there NOW. Peanut butter, hot fudge, whipped topping, and the best soft-serve EVER. It can all be yours for $1.14. Need I say more?) about two hours ago, and Panera at noon, so I guess I have reason to be hungry for something substantial. By which I mean, McDonald's. Is it safe to say I'm addicted? I don't really even WANT McDonald's. I don't want what it represents in my life. But I kinda do want a double cheeseburger only ketchup and some fries... Ooh, or maybe I'm thinkin Arby's. Chicken strips. They were soooo good when I had them. Mmmmmm and their honey mustard sauce... I feel bad if anyone is reading this, because no doubt you, too, are getting The Hunger. It's running rampant among people who haven't eaten everywhere!! Doggone it. Maybe I do want Arby's... it's the closest fast food restaurant to my house. And I can still catch most of the Oscars. Which I must admit I don't really care about except that my mom and my brother and I have all made our predictions and written them down, and I'm really curious to see how everyone does, especially considering T and I have each seen only Crash, among the nominees, and mom has seen not one. So. It should be interesting.
Other than that, what did I want to say?... Oh, yeah. It's so hard to stand up for ideals. And I think it's almost a fad NOT to stand up for them. Just to kind of stand wherever you stand and let the status quo jostle you this way and that, til you can't even see your ideals anymore. But you're way familiar with the status quo. But then where are we standing? The moral equivalent of the swamp. Which is not a good place to be. Let me just say that I intend to stand up for what I believe in, even if I'm the only one. I have to. Wow. That was vague. And to be even MORE vague, I'm not doing it to win the approval of my peers, although encouragement is always welcomed. I'm doing it because I know what's right, and I have to respect the truth. Because truth does not change. Can anyone tell it's Introspection Sunday? Okay, so that's not a real day; I just made it up. But I DO tend to be introspective on Sundays. Moreso than other days. I think. Maybe not. Okay, I'm rambling. Time to go foraging for nuts and berries and chicken fingers and fries... and maybe some chocolate chip cookies...mmmmm...

1 Comments:

  • At 2:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    J,
    Yeah; I got "The Hunger". (Bad short-term... Is that what you called it?) Luckily, I got 1 more meal coming tonight, & I still haven't watched my tape of Gonzaga. (Why watch them when "Surf Ninjas" is on Turner? I'm ashamed how many lines I still remember.)

    You had me going with that Introspection Sunday thing. Sounds like a real day to me... Maybe in 2020? Ooh, it can come right after the new Improv Day I wanna make.

    Yeah; Improv Saturday & Introspection Sunday... Alphabetical & all that. (And a bag of chips.)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home