Search & Win My bloggy little blog

My bloggy little blog

This is my blog. Duh. Read. Enjoy. Repeat.

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

I'm going to try waiting to title this entry until I have finished it. At what other time would a person title something before writing it? Bad idea. Anyway.
My fingers are frozen, and I really have nothing to write about, so I imagine this will be short.
Let's see... what is new? Well right now I am allowing Pandora to play a John Mayer song that I do not like. I really don't like that many John Mayer songs. I like Why Georgia. Maybe a couple others, without stopping to think. And this one is a live version. Sometimes the live version is okay or even better than the studio, like the Eagles' Hotel California, but this one was just about the same. Which to me is... eh. But there is something about Pandora that makes me trust it. I question myself. Maybe I really do like this song... after all, this is science, right? And who am I to argue with science?
And now, to redeem itself (herself?), I am hearing a song I had heard on the radio and liked but didn't know the title or the singer. So Pandora, I forgive you. But hold off on the John Mayer for awhile now, okay? And yes, I know how to tell it I don't like certain songs. But like I said, I'm a little afraid I'm wrong.
Today was Thomas's Music and Movement class at the library. The usual teacher had lost her voice, so another lady taught, and unfortunately it was not as much fun. Thomas could definitely tell the difference. I mean, of course he knew it was a different teacher, duh, but he knew she was not as good. She didn't let them run around the room (with structure, of course) at all. Any games she played with movement were right in the circle, and she spent way too much time reading books to them. The regular teacher pretty much keeps it to two short books, and that's about as much as two-year-olds can handle. And she provides at least one opportunity for them to run wildly around the room, which they love. So hopefully she'll be back next week. While I'm online, I should see if the library has a calendar online. They are closed on Wednesday next week, I think for Veterans Day, and I don't know if there is a make-up day for the class or if we just miss next week.
Another issue I must address. Last paragraph, I refer to "Thomas's" class. I can already see that this is going to be a problem. Judging by what I see on TV and in print, people seem to think that you make a name that ends in 's' possessive by just adding an apostrophe. Let me advise any of you who are of that opinion, you are wrong. My first experience with this situation was in 5th grade. Mrs. Bacue taught us about possessives, using the example of the name "Tess." And, crazy as it may seem, the possessive form of Tess is Tess's. I will admit, I don't have my whatchamacallit be-all-and-know-all (New St Martin's?) book readily at hand, but I have consulted another grammar book to confirm this. And I will be about ready to ask that Thomas get a new teacher if one of his report cards comes to us with a comment about "Thomas' ability" or something like that.
This is one thing that I know is going to irk me once he is school-aged. I feel like, duh, he is going to be advanced. And if his teachers aren't smarter than he is, which I suspect is likely, it will drive me crazy. I sort of got used to it as a kid. You figure, they might not be smarter, but they have the information and they will give the test, so you gotta play their game. It used to make me mad when the teacher would, say, misspell something on the chalkboard, and I would ignore it, and then some other kid would point it out, all proud of himself, and of course the other kids would assume, and sometimes say out loud, that I had not noticed. Argh. I don't know why I can't just accept that I am smart, or ethical, or honest, or fair, or trying hard, and not worry about everyone else's perception. Whatever. I guess I just figure I am what you think I am. How's that for backwards? Is it backwards? See, there I go again.
Wow. Said I had nothing to say and ended up with diarrhea of the fingertips. Sorry if you've made it this far.
Oh. Thomas went trick-or-treating as a fireman-- er, firefighter. Whatever. Anyway, I'll see if I can get Jarrod to put up a picture of him in his costume. He looked cute. Duh. He likes eating candy every day, though he didn't really love walking through strangers' yards in the dark on a windy night when he was already sick. Oh, well. And he wanted to go in the houses. It was cute.
There ya go. Holy crap. Plane overhead. Must be really low. The other day, it sounded like one was about to crash. The hum kept getting lower and lower in pitch. But it wasn't that loud, so I didn't think it was going to crash on us, just... somebody.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    J, Glad I saw about this on FB or I wouldn't know to read it.

    Hope I can see Thomas' picture, & that I can hang with you somehow soon... Esp. since he wants "Uncle Tim to come" somewhere. (I blogged about that 2.)

    "I am whatever..." I think that's Eminem. I don't care if U don't; Just FYI.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home