Search & Win My bloggy little blog: Things are looking up

My bloggy little blog

This is my blog. Duh. Read. Enjoy. Repeat.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Things are looking up

So. Jarrod got his license back. Finally. And I may be getting a job soon. I have a second interview on Tuesday. After they called me, I danced around the house (Thomas was in bed already, and Jarrod was not home yet, so I had to celebrate alone). I am so excited. It will be around 15-20 hours to start, which I think will be just about perfect. And from what I hear, they pay in US dollars. Money in the bank. Just the kind I like. So hopefully my interview will go well, and then I will have to pass a background check and drug test. Ha. And then, I will once again become a member of Jobland!! Mere words cannot express how thankful I am.
On the downside (because there's always a downside). I have two pairs of dress pants that fit my mother-of-a-six-month-old body, and one of them I just discovered has a torn hem. So that's one decision that has been made for me. Also. They changed the theme song to Sesame Street. I don't know when, but sometime between when I used to watch it 20 years ago and now. I don't like it. I told Thomas we are not watching the opening anymore. And also, Elmo was in the opening. What is this? He practically has his own show! So why does he need to venture outside of Elmo's World and steal Big Bird's thunder?
Anyone know how to get a husband to stop leaving toenail clippings on the bathroom rug? When he lived in a townhouse, he would go out on the balcony to clip them, sweeping the clippings onto the ground below when he finished. Boys are gross. And I think they really do have cooties, as was my first inclination back in the first grade. Ah, what can we do?

2 Comments:

  • At 7:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Just reading some blogs & stuff to catch-up.

    Can't help U with the toenail thing; I told Gabe once to watch out 4 mine (he was standing right by my bed where I usually trimmed & left them.)

    I'm not sure why "Elmo's World" came out, but it was years ago. (Saw a clip on some old talk show that doesn't exist now.) Then again, who decides who the "breakout character" is on any show?

     
  • At 10:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wayne pulls his off in the living room. No clippers. Just rips 'em. I do not care for that habit one little bit, but it seems it cannot be changed. The things we put up with.

    Glad to hear some good news on the job front. But you didn't say where...?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home