Search & Win My bloggy little blog: Just a little bit gross

My bloggy little blog

This is my blog. Duh. Read. Enjoy. Repeat.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Just a little bit gross

Today, I was awakened at 5 am by cries of "Mommy!" alternated with gagging sounds. That's the kind of wake up every mother loves, right? At first I didn't hear the gagging sounds and thought he'd just go back to sleep. But when I ran in, I could see that we had relapsed into puking. I was happy to see that there was very little of the actual puke and mostly just gagging. And it didn't last. I waited after the initial bout for it to start again, especially before I changed the bedding and Thomas's PJ's. We learned our lesson last time. But he was okay from then on, and I put him back to bed eventually. He seems to be fine now, although he has told me off and on today that his belly hurts. And he hasn't had much of an appetite for breakfast or lunch, although his appetite for cookies seems to remain at above-healthy levels. So that's a good sign. He feels like he might have only a very slight fever, according to my accurate lips-on-the-forehead thermometer. And he went back to sleep this morning until almost 8. I'm still hoping for a nap, though... I'm always hoping.
Our new mattress and box springs came today, and Jarrod only got up off the old one long enough for me to strip the bedding off of it while he hid in the bathroom and then the men came and took it away and brought the new one. Then he went back to bed. The only thing I've heard that might be construed as a complaint is when he rolled over and, unused to the new mattress's thickness and therefore its height in relationship to the bedframe, he banged his arm on the head of the bed. Sounded like it hurt. I only got to lie on it for a second before I had to make it so he could go back to sleep, and anyway I had to get lunch on the table for the rest of us.
So now Thomas is watching Veggie Tales in his room and I am waiting for him to go to sleep and Jarrod to get up for work so I can go and get "the whole mattress... to myself!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home