Search & Win My bloggy little blog: Where have I been?

My bloggy little blog

This is my blog. Duh. Read. Enjoy. Repeat.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Where have I been?

I have not been able to post in a while because first mom was sick, and then I was sick. Actually, it seems that we are both still sick. Blech. I seem to be okay as long as I don't eat. I really thought i was going to die on Monday night/ Tuesday. I was wishing for it! But now I am a bit skinnier, which is always good, and on an all-liquid diet until at least Sunday. I always say about the flu that you need to wait to eat until you feel completely better, and then you wait another day. Then, and only then, do you start on saltines. And none of that shoving the whole cracker in your mouth at once. Each cracker is four bites or more. And no more than like three or four crackers an hour. Trust me on this. You will appreciate it later.
I do kind of feel better about not getting a flu shot, since it seems that many people who got the shot still got sick. Granted, I got sick twice (so far), but I would've been more frustrated if I had endured the pain and expense of getting the shot and then still got sick. Anyway.
Oh, btw, anyone see Chapter 6's Luke Menard on American Idol? I haven't been watching consistently, but I caught him recently and was excited to see how he'd do. Frankly I wasn't all that impressed, but I don't think he deserves to go home quite yet. And ironically, the only thing I remember about his performance is that Simon said it was "forgettable." Then again, I usually agree with Simon. Frighteningly often. Have you ever imagined how different it would be if they put the judges in different order? Ponder. I'll leave you with that.
Oh, I almost forgot. I had a stress test yesterday which was normal, and I have an upper GI series tomorrow. Hopefully that will show something easily treatable. I don't want all my tests to always come back completely normal, because that means we still don't know what is causing this crazy chest pain. Maybe if it's something digestional, I can just take a(nother) medicine and feel better. I know. The pharmaceutical society. So we are.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think you are absolutely right....yum..yum...four bites for every saltine.
    I had the flu twice and hope that is the end of it..next year I'm getting a shot.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home