Search & Win My bloggy little blog: Quiet Desperation

My bloggy little blog

This is my blog. Duh. Read. Enjoy. Repeat.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Quiet Desperation

I need a job. Or, as Robin Williams says in Mrs Doubtfire, "I... am... job." I am willing to do anything. As long as they are willing to let me do it between midnight and 3 pm. Jarrod can't switch to daytime because they don't need anymore people during the day. So it is up to me to find something during those hours when he is not working. Really, I'll do anything, for minimum wage. I'm serious. I had two interviews, both of which declined to hire me, I'm guessing because of my availability. It's so hard. But we really can't live on one salary anymore. It's amazing that we've survived as long as we have. It'd be a different story if Jarrod was making even 20k yearly. But I can't take it anymore. Being poor, frankly, sucks. What's funny is, I would be thrilled to be AT the poverty level! We've lived so far below it for so long... ah, to go back to the days when we were both working. Even when we were both working at McDonald's... we didn't have to buy diapers back then, but still. We could've afforded the gold-plated ones! Anyway.
Sorry to go on and on about how poor we are. I guess we are rich in other ways... but not ways that buy things. But my point is, if anyone has a tip... after all, it's not what you know but who you know. Does anyone want to hire me? Or know someone who wants to hire me? Or know someone who knows someone who... you get the picture. Remember, I am willing to do anything for very little pay. And I am extremely dependable. I'm just puttin' it out there.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:10 PM , Blogger othergrandma said...

    You are not asking too much..just be patient a little bit longer. Someone might hire you for like 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
    I'll keep praying.

     
  • At 6:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    J, I don't buy that "rich in other ways" thing people try & sell, either. Reminds me, they said on "Conan" they had to shut-down some streets yesterday b/c Bush was in town speaking on how good the economy was.

    Advice? If you want a tip,... get a job working "slow food".

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home