Search & Win My bloggy little blog: Retraction and Celebration

My bloggy little blog

This is my blog. Duh. Read. Enjoy. Repeat.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Retraction and Celebration

First, the retraction. I need not be whiny and desperate and beg everyone to help me. I need to be like George Mueller, at least according to Veggie Tales. I need to pray and trust God to help me and not ask other people for help. In related news, I had an interview (because of a phone call I made in response to an ad in the paper) for a job that could work with my schedule. But once I got there, I found out that I would not be able to go to their training. Why can't people have training for a job during the same hours that the job will be? Whatever.
Second. The celebration. In November, Rockapella is coming to Edinboro, PA! I will be there! No matter what! I will sell property in order to afford it, and do whatever else is necessary to be able to go! I have gone without seeing them for waaaay too long! So. It will be done.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:15 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

    So I guess you feel guilty when you share any sort of frustration, too! We shouldn't. It doesn't mean we are completely ungrateful when we just express how we feel. And I totally understand! Any more luck on the job search? I have thought sometimes about trying to find a shelve-stocking job at Wal-Mart or something, because that can be done at night. (Aunt Kathy does that, right?) Another thought-do you think someone in the family would help you with baby-sitting so you could work during the day, or at least go to training if you needed to? I think they would. I would, if I were there! I will pray that something fabulous comes up for you. Hang in there:)About the college thing, I agree that it is totally worthless unless you go for a major that actually leads to a career. (Like I didn't.) If I could do it all over again, my undergrad major would be accounting. Or I would be a pharmicist. Ah, hindsight. But I won't let either of my children major in, say, English!

     
  • At 7:42 PM , Blogger laeta369 said...

    I have been looking for something I can do at night-- I applied at Wal-Mart, but they didn't call me (yet?). And I wanted the stocking job at Target, but they didn't hire me because of my availability, which doesn't make sense, because I would've been available to work the stocking shift. I think places like that automatically categorize people like us (nice, intelligent, UN-husky) as cashier types and don't even consider us as stockers.
    People have offered to watch Thomas, but we can't afford to pay someone, and I wouldn't want to NOT pay someone.
    Thomas will NOT major in English unless he also majors in accounting or education or IT or something. And I am going to strongly encourage him to learn a trade, such as electrician or car repair. Hopefully he'll be a computer whiz or something.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home