Search & Win My bloggy little blog: [No photo available]

My bloggy little blog

This is my blog. Duh. Read. Enjoy. Repeat.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

[No photo available]

So after going through all the trouble of scanning the then-most-recent picture of Thomas, having it e-mailed to me, and getting on my computer to download it (a process which took WAY too long), I still have no picture. It disappeared. I don't know where it went. And Jarrod, who knows more about computers than I do, couldn't find it either. So I guess I will have to get online at my FIL's and upload and then post it, something I was trying to avoid because I feel guilty about using his internet connection and I don't want to take the time to post a long blog when I'm there. (And yet somehow here at my mom's I feel no remorse even after tying up the phone line for two hours. Go figure.)
Moving on. As you may have been able to discern from the previous paragraph, we have a new picture of the little guy. I wanted one of his face, especially after the previous ultrasound showed his face SO clearly. His little Hamrick nose... So cute! But then on Thursday, we couldn't see his face as clearly-- at least I couldn't-- but I had made up my mind that it was what I wanted. So that's what we got, but it's hard to tell... I can only point out the nose and lips because that's where the doctor said they were... Of course I believe her, but... last time it was so much easier to see.
He's moving like crazy, and he weighs 4 lbs., 3 oz.. Which is normal. So in a way, I'm like, Yea!! I'm not having a huge Hamrick baby!! But on the other hand, I'm thinking, Then why am I so huge?? Seriously, we're talking basketball. And this is with two months left to go. I'm also starting to think he may not come super-early, like I originally thought. If he has eight weeks left, and he gains about a half a pound a week, that puts him at just over eight pounds total, which would be just above normal. I estimate that for every two weeks he's early, that's a pound. So I really wouldn't want him to come any more than a month early-- that would put him at around six pounds. Not to mention if he comes too early, he might not have working lungs and stuff, and that's not good. Of course, we're anxious (more every day!), but we want him to be healthy. Anyway, so far, by all accounts, he is just fine. Although he has been kicking the heck out of me for eight days straight now. Don't get me wrong; I love it, and I'll probably miss it in the next several weeks when he gets crowded and quiets down. But he kicks hard!! He's probably gonna come out with body-builder muscle mass...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home